You will be my clients first dedicated Technical Writer and as such you will work closely with the support, product and executive teams in producing a wide range of documentation including, but not limited to; user guides, tutorials and how-to-guides, as well as assisting developers with API’s etc.
This role is a great opportunity if you are proactive and an innovative achiever, who enjoys learning new technologies, experience the fast-paced world of SaaS and who wants to become a key part of my clients growing team!
- Being responsible for creating and managing all content across my clients Help Center (Guides, Knowledgebase & Product News)
- Work on in-product content/copy to help their customers, where possible, use the software without recourse to external help.
- Keeping documentation up to date as the software changes and improves.
- Lead the content side of their training and certification programme.
- Lead the process to increase the use of video in our support content.
- To be a thought leader in what "good documentation" looks like and the value it creates. They view their documentation as inseparable from their product and is key to their future success.
- Engage with customers via the Community forum (another part of the product).
- To work on other ad-hoc communications e.g. quick start guides, tutorials, trouble-shooters etc.
- Assist developers with the developer/API documentation.
- Researching relevant information / data for deeper and more complex aspects of the software.
- Working with the development and support teams and feeding back to the Product team.
- Have 3+ years’ experience in writing technical documentation for a software product (ideally B2B).
- You need to have incredible writing skills and be able to show examples of your previous work.
- You must have a good grasp of IT concepts and you need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly and simply. You will be writing or editing content on a range of technical subjects e.g. Linux/Windows, APIs, SQL, JS/HTML/CSS.
- Mastery of English language and outstanding writing abilities.
- You need to have a flexible and 'can-do' attitude, interested in working in an exciting and growing team where you have a significant responsibility for a critical part of the business.
- You will also need strong time-management and prioritisation skills, balancing a range of demands on your time while keeping to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis.
Please note that all candidates must be eligible to live and work within the UK as my client is unable to sponsor candidates at this time.